Wouldn’t the name itself get you tripping curious concoctions? “Moms against Molly” is actually a twitter handle, with over 4000 followers. The story behind it is more intriguing than the name, and quite a mystery. Reportedly it is a group of Christians detesting the EDM culture, rampantly raging to #banEDM. You can always get literal and see a couple of suburban mothers tired of their raving kids, and taking the onus of saving the younger generation from this ‘satanic’ counter-culture, on their shoulders. The page started about 2 weeks ago and has been doubling up on its following everyday. To our surprise, they’ve expanded. Moms Against Molly is now on Facebook as well. One obvious conjecture would be that this might be a very smart attempt at gaining a following by some younglings with a wacky sense of humour, and a taste for irony. We have collated some of their wackiest tweets, for you! Have a look.
1. So they think Avicii is the Devil.
2. They are definitely unhappy with all the raving that’s going on.
3. So they’re not to happy with Diplo!
4. Moms Against Molly can rap.
5. So most of the EDM heavyweights are now Satanic equals.
6. They believe Deadmau5 hates Disney and everything good in the world.
7. They are most critical of Dillon Francis.
8. They are hating on Avicii so bad!